The Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship – DIAC - requires a granted visa for staying in the country.

The main types of visa are:

Student Visa

To be granted a student visa with Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) you need to make sure the course you enrol in is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Courses and Institutions for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

A list of documents will be required in order to process a Student Visa. The Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) is one of the required documents and it is issued by the educational institutions after you had paid total or partially your course. OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) is a medical insurance which must cover you and your dependents during the entire duration of your visa.

Here you will find the required forms and helpful information: (Form 157A - Student visa application – PDF) (List of Accredited Doctors) (956 - Form 956 (PDF)


Level 3
136 Chalmers St
Surry Hills, NSW 2010
PH: 1300 361 046



Tourist Visa

Tourist visas are granted to people who wish to visit the country for up to 3 months, for vacation, tourism, social or recreational reasons and / or to visit relatives and friends. The visa can be extended for longer periods, such as 06 or 12 months duration from the output and return to Australia, agreeing with the regulations of the country you are coming from.

To apply for this visa, your passport must be valid for at least 06 months. No health insurance is required, only the payment of the visa.

This visa is also suitable for those who undertake courses of up to 12 weeks. In this case, international students will not be permitted to work or engage in any other paid activity during their stay in the country.

The Australian immigration accepts online application for tourist visa for the following countries:

Tourist Visa

Business Visa

The work permit may be granted to foreigners who are sponsored by an Australian company, which are recognized and accredited by immigration - DIAC for their qualifications and competencies, as well as specific occupations needed in Australia.

It can also be considered the business visa, those applicants who travel to Australia for short season to join reunions, seminars, conferences or workshops, thus you must provide documentary evidence of the reason for the trip, such as:

  • Letter of invitation from the company in Australia
  • Charter of the company you work for in Brazil, stating the reason and length of trip
  • Registration and enrolment at the event, if you are participating in one
  • Evidence of financial resources
  • Proof of travel sponsorship
  • Proof of booking airfare

For more information, see the Australian immigration website:

Working Holiday Visa

The Working Holiday program encourages cultural exchange between partner countries, allowing the temporary migration to stay for up to 12 months, which is subject to renewal.

The visa allows the traveler to work in any kind of paid work, being allowed to work for up to 6 months with each employer. To apply for the Working Holiday Visa you must be between 18 and 30 years of age, have got a passport from the nationalities described below, and pay the fee of the visa.

Currently the countries accepted for the Working Holiday visa program are:

  • Bélgica
  • Canadá
  • Dinamarca
  • Chipre
  • Estônia
  • Finlândia
  • França
  • Alemanha
  • Hong Kong
  • Irlanda
  • Itália
  • Japão
  • Coreia
  • Ilha de Malta
  • Holanda
  • Noruega
  • Suécia
  • Taiwan
  • Reino Unido
  • Argentina
  • Bangladesh
  • Chile
  • Indonésia
  • Malásia
  • Tailândia
  • Turquia
  • Estados Unidos

For more information, see the Australian immigration website:

Temporary or Permanent Residency Visa (Skilled migration)

Australia has a migration program which aims to fill skills shortages around the country.

International students can apply for a temporary or permanent visa through the General Skilled Migration program however they should not study in Australia with the sole purpose to obtain the permanent residency or migration.

To apply for a residence visa in Australia you must have qualifications and experience the country demand, in addition of a visa process very well done. That way you can get a visa to stay and live in Australia with access to all the benefits of an Australian citizen and enjoy the excellent life quality that the country offers.

The basic requirements to be able to apply for the visa are:
  • Possess a profession that is in demand by the government (Skilled Occupation List):
  • Possess a recognized profession in Australia certified by immigration
  • To have advanced level of English
View Skilled Occupation List
View cGeneral Skilled Migration program

Furthermore it is essential that professionals achieve a minimum score within a system created by the Department of Immigration. This system takes into account several variables such as age, occupation, level of English, working time after graduating, experience in the field, studies in Australia, among others.

The point system can be found at this link:

- General Skilled Migration program :

If the applicant meets all the requirements above, then he may proceed with a requirement of the process called Expression of Interest, into the Department of Immigration. The program aims to selects skilled professional migrants needed by Australian economy and labor market .

How to apply for a visa

Directly to Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship ; Brazil , Sydney :


Street address
Ground Floor
26 Lee Street
Sydney NSW 2000

Postal address
GPO Box 9984
Sydney NSW 2001

From 9 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday

General fax
02 8862 6096


Street Address
Embaixada da Austrália
SES 801, Conj. "K" Lote. 07
Av. Das Nações,
Brasília DF

Client Counter Hours
9 am to 10.30 am Monday to Friday
Client Telephone Hours
10 am to 5 pm Ottawa Eastern Standard Time

55 61 3224 5777 (DIAC Brasilia)

- Through a registered migration agent : see MARA [ ]
- Applying through our partners

Partners :
Camara Oficial do Comercio Brasil Australia – Sao Paulo – Brasil

Address: Alameda dos Tacaúnas, 644 – Planalto Paulista
SÃO PAULO – 04068-021 – SP – Brasil
55 11 5533 4141
55 11 7786 3502

International Travel Agency<br />
Address: Av.Otávio Mangabeira, 701 - Edf. Res. Oceano, Loja 15 - Pituba -
CEP: 41.830-050 - Salvador - Bahia -Brasil
51 71 3271 4252
51 71 3271 4253

Just Visas
Contacts: Level 6, 285 Clarence Street - Sydney - NSW - 2000
PO Box A687, Sydney South - NSW -1235
61 02 1300 41 36 63